International student issues
If you are an international student, the Office of Graduate Studies of our University offers an international student service, and can be of help with questions regarding your visa and other issues that pertain to your status as an international student at Pavia.
Our Graduate School has a rich exchange program with many graduate schools worldwide. Here is an updated list:
- University of Colorado, Boulder, U.S.A.
- University of Washington, Seattle, U.S.A.
- Iowa State University, Ames, U.S.A.
- Jagiellonian University, Crakow, Poland
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, U.S.A.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, U.S.A.
- University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A.
- University of California, Santa Cruz, U.S.A.
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, U.S.A.
- University of Houston, Houston, U.S.A.
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, U.S.A.
There is an international agreement among our graduate school and these Universities. Students from both sides may ask to enter into this international program and obtain, besides their Ph.D degree, a specific Diploma:
The International Certificate of Graduate Studies
With Universities in France or Germany we often have a co-tutorship program leading to a Ph.D degree recognized by the graduate schools involved, (a recent co-tutorship agreement has been with the Université de la Méditerranée (Aix-Marseille II)).
Under these international programs students may spend up to 18 months abroad (with a 50% an upgrade of their monthly salary). The interested students should inquire with the Coordinator of Graduate Studies to explore the possibilities for entering such an international program.